LOCATION: Worthington, OH, United States
School Maintenance Worker
We are seeking a Maintenance Worker for a full-time position working in a school in the Worthington, OH area. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma and 1 year of experience. This position starts immediately and continues through the 2019-2020 school year.
- High School degree required; mechanical training and certification is preferred.
- A minimum of one year prior experience is required.
- Compliance with background checks.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Maintain records of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance procedures.
- Maintain all equipment and inspects belts, changes oil and repairs broken parts as necessary and alerts Principal/Management about issues beyond routine maintenance.
- Ensure vendors are notified and/or properly trained regarding asbestos safety; complete six month check and ensure safety requirements are met regarding asbestos inspections and abatement.
- Is responsible for maintenance of any tool belonging to the school.
- Assist with projects as needed, with prior approval through Work Order process.
- Completes tasks as assigned through work orders and keeps records of completed tasks.
- Meets vendors and inspectors as need be for maintenance or special jobs.
- When outside vendors are not available/or as needed:
- Trims trees and bushes.
- Clean filters on air conditioning units during season.
- Replace broken windows, repairs doors, door locks and installs interior features as blinds, etc.
- Inspect and treats boilers on daily basis during winter months.
- Empty trash cans and replace liners.
- Re-fill soap supply dispensers.
- Perform minor plumbing, electrical repair, carpentry work and painting.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes and replaces blinds. Washes windows.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
- Prepare set-up for special events.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.