LOCATION: Providence, RI, United States
School Counselor – Providence
We are currently seeking a School Counselor for a part-time (12 hours/week) position working with K-8 students in the Providence, RI area. Eligible candidates must be a Rhode Island State Certified Social Worker or School Counselor and must have their BCI clearance. Candidates with previous experience in a school setting are preferred. The schedule will be flexible.
- Must be a certified School Counselor in the state of Rhode Island.
- Must have a Master’s Degree.
- Or must be a RI State certified Social Worker.
- Candidates with previous experience in a school setting preferred.
- Online Safe Environment Training.
- BCI Clearance.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances. CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Participate in the special education assessment process.
- Provide group and individual counseling.
- Provide behavioral and mental health support.
- Provide basic counseling, crisis intervention, and guidance to students.
- Reduce behavioral issues with students.
- Serve as a source of referrals or liaison between the school, parent, and outside organizations promoting optimum health and success within the educational process.
- Work in collaboration with teachers, school staff, academic intervention teams, and administration to identify students needing counseling and mental health support.
- Assess and evaluate students to identify mental health issues and other factors affecting student performance.
- Provide prevention and intervention services.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with public agencies and make referrals to appropriate agencies when necessary.
- Coordinates services for students with outside counseling agencies or providers
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1483