LOCATION: Pennsburg, PA, United States18073
We are currently seeking a School Counselor for a full-time position working with middle school students in the Pennsburg, PA area. Eligible candidates must have their PA School Counselor certification. This position starts immediately and continues through mid November 2018.
- Must be a certified School Counselor in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have Master’s Degree.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances. CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Provide basic counseling, crisis intervention, and guidance to students.
- Reduce behavioral issues with students.
- Serve as a source of referrals or liaison between the school, parent and outside organizations promoting optimum health and success within the educational process.
- Work in collaboration with teachers, school staff, academic intervention team and administration to identify students needing counseling and mental health support.
- Assess and evaluate students to identify mental health issues and other factors affecting student performance.
- Provide prevention and intervention services.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with pubic agencies and make referrals to appropriate agencies when necessary.
- Coordinates services for students with outside counseling agencies or providers
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.