LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
We are currently seeking a School Counselor for a full-time position working with elementary school students in the Harrisburg, PA area. Eligible candidates must have their PA School Counselor certification.
- Must be a certified School Counselor in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have Master’s Degree.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances. CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Provide basic counseling, crisis intervention, and guidance to students.
- Reduce behavioral issues with students.
- Serve as a source of referrals or liaison between the school, parent and outside organizations promoting optimum health and success within the educational process.
- Work in collaboration with teachers, school staff, academic intervention team and administration to identify students needing counseling and mental health support.
- Assess and evaluate students to identify mental health issues and other factors affecting student performance.
- Provide prevention and intervention services.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with pubic agencies and make referrals to appropriate agencies when necessary.
- Coordinates services for students with outside counseling agencies or providers
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.