LOCATION: Stroudsburg, PA, United States 18360
School-Based Orientation and Mobility Specialist (O&M) – Stroudsburg (RF: 1899)
We are currently seeking an Orientation and Mobility Specialist (O&M) for a full-time, school-based position in the Stroudsburg, PA area. The O&M will evaluate and teach concepts, skills, and techniques necessary for students with vision impairments to travel safely and efficiently through many environments and under many environmental conditions and situations. The position would start ASAP and continue during the 2023-2024 school year. Eligible candidates must be a Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist, with the certificate issued by ACVREP.
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) certified
- 3 years school-based experience with students with vision impairments preferred
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances
- FBI Fingerprints
- PA Criminal Background
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Evaluate students with vision impairments to determine their orientation and mobility needs in both the school and home community settings.
- Share and interpret evaluation results with teachers and parent.
- Develop IEP goals and participate in IEP meetings for students with vision impairments.
- Develop and implement an O&M program that meets eligible students’ needs from pre-cane skills through independent travel training.
- Provide parents and classroom teachers with information about mobility procedures and the student’s progress.
- Inform parents of new technology related to mobility available for persons with vision impairments.
- Evaluate students’ progress and needs on an on-going basis.
- Provide in-service training to personnel working with students who are vision impaired.
- Provide community agencies and groups with information regarding persons with vision impairments to better promote understanding and community needs.
- Work cooperatively with teachers for the vision impaired, general classroom teachers, and administrators in sharing information and developing appropriate programming for students.
- Participate in workshops and trainings to stay current with methods and technology for students with vision impairments.
- Perform other duties and assume responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1899