LOCATION: Norristown, PA, United States
School-Based Food Service Worker
We are currently seeking a School-Based Food Service Worker for a part-time position working in a school in the Norristown, PA area. This position will be responsible for preparing, presenting, and serving food as needed to students during their lunch period.
- High school diploma or GED; or 1 – 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have up-to-date clearances and current Food Handler’s Permit.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Prep work including, washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits along with weighing and measuring designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator while maintaining all safety standards.
- Properly stores foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Serves customers in an efficient and friendly manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Interacts with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.