LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA, United States
School Nurse/Registered Nurse RN
We are currently searching for a School Nurse/Registered Nurse RN for a full-time (or part-time) position working with students in the Los Angeles, CA area. Eligible candidates should have a current CA Registered Nurse RN license, up-to-date clearances, pediatrics experience in a school setting, and experience with diabetes patients.
- Must have current California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Must have current CPR certificate for Health Care Providers
- Must have current California School Nurse Services Credential (Preliminary Credential may be obtained once employed)
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience with pediatrics and diabetes, preferred.
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- Provide medical assistance and care on an as-needed basis.
- Provide oversight to the health of the students and counselling to their well-being.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Distributing medication to students and keeping educators informed of any pertinent medical details.
- Family-school-student consultation and collaboration abilities.
- Assessment and treatment of student illness and injuries within the scope of professional nurse practice
- Training, support and oversight of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAPs)
- Implementation and oversight of individualized health care plans for students with acute and chronic health conditions
- Coordinate with health care providers, appropriate accommodations for students with special health needs
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to provide nursing expertise for individual students and general health policies and procedures
- Screen students for health problems that may create a barrier to educational progress or success
- Refer students with health problems to appropriate health care providers and community agencies
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle choices by educating students and families on nutrition, exercise, hygiene, immunizations and infectious diseases
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.