LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19128
Resource Parent Support Worker (RPSW) – Philadelphia (RF: 2174)
We are currently seeking a Resource Parent Support Worker to provide support to Resource Parents (Foster Care Parents) in the Philadelphia, PA area. RPSWs are assigned to assist the Resource Parents to help them achieve and support the well-being, stability, and permanency of the youth in care. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of experience providing services to children, youth, and families in a behavioral health setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years experience providing services to children, youth, and families in a behavioral health setting
- FBI Fingerprints
- PA Criminal Clearance
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- CPR Certification Required
- PA Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training Required
- TB Test/Physical
- Provide direct support, consultation, and coaching to Resource Parents to help them successfully meet the emotional, behavioral, social, academic, developmental, and physical needs of the youth placed in the home.
- Identify caregiver challenges and/or issues that may jeopardize placement, stability and develop/implement strategies to mitigate the issues.
- Provides for new level placements, initial, in-person, face-to-face contact with Resource Parent within 48 hours of the actual placement.
- Provide trauma-informed, strengths-based, individualized parent training to support caregiver interventions in addressing/managing the unique needs of the children/youth in their home.
- Support the process of obtaining services as necessary.
- Ensure the Resource Parent maintains routine, follow-up, and emergency medical and dental care; ensure that necessary documentation is obtained and provided to all necessary entities.
- Support Resource Parent completion of required documentation through training, ongoing review, and monitoring of documentation, including but not limited to, medication logs, STEP charts, and daily RP documentation.
- Support Resource Parent with developing a plan to meet the transportation needs of youth in the home; assist with transportation as necessary.
- Provide 24/7 on-call crisis management and support to resource parents on a rotating basis.
- Participate in all required training directed and according to program policy.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2174