LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States 15206
Residential Living Specialist (Multiple Shifts Available) – Pittsburgh (RF: 2671)
We are currently seeking Residential Living Specialists for full-time positions (multiple shifts available) working with adults with intellectual disabilities in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The RLSs will be working in a group home setting, helping support residents to lead more independent lives as well as assist them with activities of daily living. Eligible candidates must have a High School diploma or GED and be at least 21 years old. Candidates with previous experience are preferred. This position will come with a full benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, and paid holidays.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years experience in Human Services preferred
- Up-to-date clearances
- Current CPR and first aid training
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes
- Provide supervision, guidance, instruction, and/or skill-building to assigned individuals served within a specific program site regarding daily living activities, safety, and interaction with others
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision-making appropriate to the assignment
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of self-care in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual
- These areas will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry, and housekeeping
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents
- Intervene in crisis situations
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings
- Observe and make written entries in the logbook as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2671