LOCATION: Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Nurse Educator/Registered Nurse RN
We are seeking a Nurse Educator/Registered Nurse (RN) for a per-diem position providing training to school employees in the areas of diabetes, seizure management, and other nursing functions like G Tube feeding in the Winston-Salem, NC area.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- Two (2) years experience as a nurse preferably in a school setting, preferred.
- Ability to facilitate student learning versus the traditional lecture.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes day or evening hours.
- Follows the school-approved curriculum to ensure instruction occurs according to the state regulations and requirements.
- Be a resource for training and educating the school nurse and school personnel in the care of students with diabetes.
- Provides instruction in the school setting.
- Regularly assesses student attainment of the required didactic and clinical competencies.
- Seeks to ensure that staff are fully prepared and confident in sitting for the state competency evaluation of theory and clinical skills.
- Fosters good relationships with clinical affiliates.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Attends professional development pertinent to improving instructional practices.