LOCATION: Vernon, CT, United States06066
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a part-time position providing care to residents in a group home setting in the Vernon, CT area. RN is needed to assist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing care; this encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the care of residents to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times. Eligible candidates must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Connecticut.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Has responsibility and accountability for resident care, staff and the environment of care.
- Ensures thorough and prompt reporting of incidents with follow-up as necessary to the DON and/or Administrator.
- Encourage each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychological well being and thus performs various duties to provide quality nursing care to residents and to coordinate total nursing care for the residents.
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition, notify appropriate staff per facility protocol to evaluate weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in performance of ADL’s, development of skin breakdown, etc.; observe conditions which indicate possible need for restorative nursing programs and then notify appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation; inform the physician of changes in assessment when appropriate.
- Assess the resident upon admission and develop interim care plan, contribute to the full care plan, and update the care plan as warranted and as required; attend and participate at the Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
- Administer medications and treatments to residents as needed; monitor the administration of intravenous fluids as needed; place orders for medications from the pharmacy.
- Respond to emergencies; assess the condition of the resident; decide on the type of medical attention; call appropriate ambulance service when resident is transferred to or admitted to a hospital; notify the physician when there is a change in resident’s condition.
- Confer with residents and their families; make referrals to other departments when appropriate.
- Maintain resident clinical files; keep charts updated; document appropriately.
- Ensure that residents are aware of the services available to them; encourage residents to participate in activities programs and provide staff support to enable residents to get to and from and participate in activities.
- Communicate status of residents to incoming personnel according to established procedures; communicate with physicians; transcribe, clarify, and implement physicians’ orders.
- Other duties, as assigned.