LOCATION: Atlanta, GA, United States
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are urgently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a part-time (one day a week) position reviewing a school setup and making adjustments as necessary in a school in Atlanta, GA. RN will also give guidance to assistant nurse to service the students during the rest of the week. RN will have to run screenings which will at times be more hours.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Georgia.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Provide appropriate health services and demonstrate care and concern for students.
- Notify principal and parents of any need for further care.
- Contact parents regarding student health issues whenever necessary.
- Administer student medications in accordance with school system guidelines, the Georgia Nurse Practice Act (including rules and regulations of the Georgia Board of Nursing) and professional nursing judgment.
- Coordinate mandated school screenings and ensure necessary follow-up care
- Maintain an orderly health clinic. Maintain and restock supplies, per school policy.
- Maintain current certification in basic first aid and CPR.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of school health procedures through district training and continuing education