LOCATION: Toms River, NJ, United States
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
We are currently seeking a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) for a full-time or part-time position working with adults in a group home setting in the Toms River, NJ area. The RBT is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans within the treatment plan developed by the supervisor. Eligible candidates must have their certification as Registered Behavior Technician from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Certification as Registered Behavior Technician from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- A Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health or human services field
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a non-behavioral health or human services field with at least one (1) year of full-time paid work experience with adults
- OR an Associate’s degree with at least three (3) years of full-time paid work experience with adults
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence, with clean driving record
- Establishes & maintains therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the patient of social interaction with the RBT.
- Prompts safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem solving skills.
- Fades prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding.
- Increases the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations).
- Provides access to reinforcers within the parameters most likely to increase future behavior (value, effort required, rate, magnitude, intensity, immediacy)
- Limits or removes access to reinforcers within limits of safety when patient engages in inappropriate or unsafe behaviors.
- Accurately collects behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording.
- Follows the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation.
- Collaborates with family and treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment.
- Educates all those involved about the role of ABA based interventions and the RBT, and functions within boundaries of the RBT role in providing treatment.
- Maintains awareness of clients history, present status, diagnoses, and treatment plan.
- Maintains appropriate written documentation of direct one-on-one intervention with the patient and family.
- Provides complete, timely, clear, and legible documentation in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Maintains the billable expectation of the program.
- Plans appropriate aftercare in collaboration with patient, family, community agencies, and the care manager. Facilitates inter-agency meetings.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.