LOCATION: Berlin, NJ, United States08009
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
We are currently seeking a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) for a part-time position conducting daily assessments of behavior management in an adult day program in the Berlin, NJ area. RBT will help to coach staff on proper verbal intervention and make recommendations regarding the need for a Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Must be a current RBT (passed exam).
- Must have up-to-date background check.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma.
- Skill developing and presenting training activities; establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with individuals, groups, public, and agency personnel; developing consultation relationships.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Ability to present information on behavior, behavior assessment, and implementation of behavior plans to staff; work independently; communicate orally and in writing; establish and maintain professional relationships; establish priorities and meet deadlines; travel to various locations; manage various assignments simultaneously; work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assess, evaluate, advise, train, and report in the context of assisting the program staff with delivering meaningful supports to individuals in Vocational/Habilitation and Residential community settings.
- Provide information, advise/recommend, and instruct direct support staff to assist them in delivering meaningful support that leads to positive, person-centered outcomes for the individuals we serve.
- Provides feedback, evaluations, reporting, and recommendations to Program Management and Administration.
- Perform behavioral assessments and evaluations; on going.
- Field and followup on referrals for behavior intervention services.
- Conduct observations and collect data in the Vocational/Habilitation and Residential program settings; on going.
- Assess individuals and develop strategies to address any barriers preventing the individuals from achieving their goals. (behavioral or otherwise)
- Provide ongoing consultation and training to direct care professionals on best practices in regard to the use/delivery of verbal intervention and PCT.
- Provide weekly reports regarding recommendations and evaluations of programs and staff.
- Have a thorough understanding of appropriate intervention technique.
- Maintain current state mandated trainings and certifications.
- Adhere to state and facility policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with the agency and DHS staff in any inspection or investigation.