LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Reading Specialist – Philadelphia
We are currently looking for a Reading Specialist to work with students in the Philadelphia, PA area. This position will start immediately and continue through August. All candidates must have a PA Teaching Certification, Reading Specialist Certification, and a minimum of 2 years experience working in special education.
- Must have PA Teaching Certification
- Must have Reading Specialist Certification
- Master’s Degree in Special Education
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in special education
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provides progress reports as required, and communicates with parents as directed by the principal.
- Administers in depth reading assessments as needed.
- Screens new students using approved instruments and assesses students as needed.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by the law, school policy and administrative regulation.
- Develops a code of conduct for the classroom which is consistent with established administrative policies and develops rules of classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students, including current technology and specialized instruction.
- Seeks the support of district specialists when concern regarding student progress arises.
- Provides age-appropriate communication with students on instructional expectation and keeps them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations.
- Manages allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Ensures the classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and accessible to students.
- Participates in in-service and staff development activities and staff meetings as required or assigned.
- Attends established traditional school-sponsored activities (i.e, back-to school night, open house, and other activities customarily attended by classroom teachers and/or faculty members).
- Participates in curriculum related and programmatic activities that are a part of the regular program.
- Attends IEP, Section 504, or other related meetings necessary for student assessment and/or compliance with federal and/or state law and consults with teachers in establishing reading goals.
- Establishes partnerships with the community as appropriate in support of the academic program.
- Assesses reading level of text books and written materials or needed..
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1357