LOCATION: Boston, MA, United States02136
We are currently seeking a Reading Specialist for a part-time position working with 6th through 12th grade students in the Hyde Park, MA area. This position is for the 2019-2020 school year and starts immediately. Eligible candidates must have their K-12 Reading Specialist certificate and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a valid Reading Specialist and Special Education certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have up-to-date clearances from within 1 year
- Implement and monitor a plan for reading support.
- Provide small group (pull-out) reading instruction (before, during, and/or after school) to students in need of remediation.
- Provide push-in reading intervention.
- Provide one-on-one coaching for teachers in the area of reading.
- Facilitate small group/grade group professional development.
- Model co-plan, co-deliver reading instruction.
- Assist classroom teachers by providing them with additional strategies for those students who have been identified for additional instruction.
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating student outcomes through informal and formative assessments
- Effectively and consistently communicating and interacting with students
- Developing and selecting instructional plans and materials to meet student needs
- Maintaining appropriate records and following required procedures and practices