LOCATION: Downingtown, PA, United States19335
We are currently seeking a Reading Specialist for a part-time position working with school students in the Downingtown, PA area. This position is for the Extended School Year program starting July 1, 2019 and ending August 16, 2019. Eligible candidates must have valid PA Reading Specialist and Special Education certification and up-to-date clearances. Candidates with their Wilson Reading Certification are preferred.
- Must have a valid PA Reading Specialist and Special Education certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have up-to-date clearances from within 1 year
- Implement and monitor a plan for reading support.
- Provide small group (pull-out) reading instruction (before, during, and/or after school) to students in need of remediation.
- Provide push-in reading intervention.
- Provide one-on-one coaching for teachers in the area of reading.
- Facilitate small group/grade group professional development.
- Model co-plan, co-deliver reading instruction.
- Assist classroom teachers by providing them with additional strategies for those students who have been identified for additional instruction.
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating student outcomes through informal and formative assessments
- Effectively and consistently communicating and interacting with students
- Developing and selecting instructional plans and materials to meet student needs
- Maintaining appropriate records and following required procedures and practices