LOCATION: East Norriton, PA, United States 19401
Program Specialist – Norristown (RF: 2015)
We are currently seeking Program Specialists for full-time positions working with adults with intellectual disabilities in the Norristown, PA area. Program Specialists will be responsible for assisting consumers with activities of daily living and helping them work towards independence. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services-related field and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services-related field
- Must have experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Up-to-date clearances
- PA Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Recent TB Test and Physical.
- CPR/First-Aid Certification
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must have the ability to interact effectively, professionally, and compassionately with disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Developing, implementing, and documenting individual programs for mental health consumer
- Completing mental status exams and be knowledgeable of the DSM4.
- Responsible to provide supportive counseling
- Act as an advocate and represent clients’ needs and rights with outside social service agencies, families, etc.
- Assist and support mental health consumers in all activities of daily living
- Responsible for the design and facilitation of therapeutic groups
- Responsible for planning and implementing community integration plans for consumers
- Responsible for administering medications as prescribed by a physician
- Responsible for following all doctor’s orders regarding wound care, speech, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, or any other prescribed directive
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures, and schedules established by the Program supervisor and or Director of Adult Residential Mental Health Services
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2015