LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Program Specialist – Harrisburg
We are currently seeking a Program Specialist for a full-time position working with adults with intellectual disabilities in the Harrisburg, PA area. Program Specialist will be responsible for assisting consumers with activities of daily living and helping them work towards independence. Program Specialist will be required to cover Direct Support Professional shifts, if needed, and participate in meetings and be involved in case management. Eligible candidates must have an Associate’s Degree (+4 years of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities) or a Bachelor’s Degree (+2 years of experience).
- Must have an Associate’s Degree (+4 years of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities) or a Bachelor’s Degree (+2 years of experience).
- Must have experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Up-to-date clearances (PA Background Check, FBI Clearance)
- Recent TB Test and Physical.
- Must pass a drug screening
- Must have the ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.
- Program Specialist will be required to cover Direct Support Professional shifts, if needed.
- Participate in meetings and be involved in case management.
- Assist participants with Activities of Daily Living (toileting, ambulation, transfers, feeding, changing clothes, showers).
- Plan and conduct group and individual activities.
- Provide input and support to the Activities Director.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (planning, accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Center’s neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to regular Center Staff meetings and activity staff meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Depending on the center, provide transportation for participants to and from the facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1396