LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Preschool Special Education Teacher (2020-2021 School Year) – Phoenix
We are seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with severely delayed preschool students in the Phoenix, AZ area for the 2020-2021 school year. The school year starts mid-July. Eligible candidates must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Arizona. Those with experience teaching preschool are preferred.
- Must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Arizona
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances
- Must have AZ Fingerprint card
- Experience teaching preschool, preferred
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPT’s and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans (“IEP”) for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students’ IEP’s and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student’s abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Assists in the orientation of new teachers, and provides in-service training in guidance.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1400