LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Preschool Self-Contained Cross Categorical Teacher – Phoenix
We are seeking a Self-Contained Cross Categorical Teacher for a full-time position working with preschool (3-5-year-olds) students in the Phoenix, AZ area. Teachers will be teaching students virtually but will be required to be in the classroom on a Monday-Friday schedule. Eligible candidates must their AZ Teaching Certification in Mild-Moderate Disabilities K-12 and their AZ Fingerprint Card.
- Must have AZ Teaching Certification in Mild-Moderate Disabilities K-12
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have AZ Fingerprint card
- Establish measurable learning goals and objectives with emphasis on academics and behavior.
- Determine the appropriate program of study to meet the specific needs of all students.
- Provide instruction based on established goals and objectives and individual student needs, according to each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Maintain positive effective classroom management.
- Maintain accurate student records and documentation, i.e., IEPs, annual review meetings, progress reports, attendance, related service time, and accurate assessments.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunities and obtain a minimum of 15 clock hours of staff development each year.
- Adhere to all Board Policies and/or rules, Arizona Revised Statutes, and federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to education.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services, workshops, and school functions as directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of children with disabilities including but not limited to Specific Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Devise and maintain an up-to-date Individualized Education Program, (IEP) for each student, ensuring that it reflects the latest psychological evaluation.
- Develop a working and cooperative rapport with students’ parents or guardians to provide continuity between school and home.
- Basic knowledge of assistive technology.
- Be able to teach basic life skills, personal care skills, feeding, changing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to teach basic skills within a general education class setting.
- Collaborate with all teachers who are involved with the special needs students to ensure fidelity of the IEP.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1568