LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19139
Preschool Center Assistant Director – Philadelphia (RF: 2658)
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director for a full-time position at a preschool center in the Philadelphia area. The assistant director would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the daily operations of the Center including, but not limited to: Ensuring that required adult/child ratios are consistent with requirements, reviewing weekly lesson plans, conducting classroom observations, and assuming all oversight responsibilities of the center when the Director is not present. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Special Education, or related field and three (3) years in a lead role within an early childhood education program. This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and full benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Special Education, or related field
- Three (3) years in a lead role within an early childhood education program
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) certification in Special Education preferred
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances
- FBI Fingerprints
- PA Criminal Background
- PA Child Abuse
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
- Ensuring that required adult/child ratios are consistent with Chapter 14 and DHS licensing requirements
- Ensuring that daily classroom activities and services are delivered in accordance with each child’s IEP
- Reviewing weekly lesson plans and conducting classroom observations
- Supervise the student evaluation and assessment process to ensure that standardized assessments are used appropriately and that assessment procedures are conducted as required for that assessment tool
- Collaborate with LEA Representatives on the development of IEPs for all students enrolled in the center
- Confirm through regular meetings and check-ins that teachers and service providers are conducting progress monitoring, collecting data, and producing progress reports at the frequency required by IEPs
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication with families through parent meetings, newsletters, and other written communications
- Assist the Center Director in arranging for substitute teachers and assistant teachers as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2658