LOCATION: Heber-Overgaard, AZ, United States
Physical Therapist PT
We are currently seeking a certified Physical Therapist for a per diem position providing an evaluation for a cyber school student in the Overgaard, AZ area during the Extended School Year program. Physical Therapist should be comfortable visiting the student in their home.
- Must be a licensed/certified Physical Therapist in the state of Arizona.
- Must have Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Gathering appropriate information from students, parents, and other team members regarding the child’s functional motor performance in school settings.
- Selecting, administering, and interpreting a variety of screening instruments and standardized measurement tools.
- Collaboratively with students’ IEP teams, examining and evaluating eligible students’ strengths and needs to establish their ability to participate in meaningful school activities and routines with or without assistance.
- Designing and implementing physical therapy interventions that allow students to benefit from their educational program.
- Measuring and documenting student progress resulting from the designed physical therapy interventions.
- Teaching and training family members and educational personnel in an effort to help the student achieve his or her IEP goals.
- Forming partnerships and working with other team members in the school setting to promote an effective physical therapy plan of care.
- Coordinating physical therapy interventions within the student’s educational program.
- Adapting environments to facilitate student access and participation in the educational program.
- Educating school personnel and families to promote inclusion of students within the educational setting by developing, demonstrating, training, and monitoring the effectiveness of strategies and intervention activities, and subsequently using gathered data to make program modification decisions. This includes the use of assistive technology for access and participation in the general education curriculum.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.