LOCATION: Gaston, NC, United States
We are currently seeking a licensed Physical Therapist for a part-time position working with students in the Gaston, NC area.
- Must be a licensed/certified Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Preference given for those with experience working in academic settings.
- Previous experience working in academic settings.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including compensation, remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Coordinating physical therapy interventions within school programs.
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.