LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Personal Care Assistant
We are currently seeking a Personal Care Assistant (PCA)/Paraprofessional for a full-time position working with a student in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have previous experience working with children
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the student
- Act as a liaison in communicating about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to guardians and other support staff concerning home-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support student during eating activities, outdoor recess, and other activities as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.