LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA, United States 70807
Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Baton Rouge (RF: 2331)
We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) for full-time positions working with pediatrics in the Baton Rouge, LA area. The positions are based in a pediatric day health center and have the following three shifts available: 7:00am-4:00pm, 7:30am-4:30pm and 8:00am-5:00pm. Eligible candidates must have pediatric and/or critical care experience (with trachs, ventilators, etc). must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Louisiana, and must have a BLS Certification.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Louisiana
- Must have BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
- Must have pediatric and/or critical care experience (with trachs, ventilators, etc)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a board-approved nursing program
- Monitors and documents patient’s status through ongoing observation and assessment
- Aware of pediatric emergencies and the interventions necessary
- Notifies the RN Supervisor of changes in the patient’s status, new physician orders, or changes in the plan of care
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative relationship with the interdisciplinary team
- Provides teaching, counseling, and support to families in an effort to facilitate adjustment to their child’s medical condition and developmental level
- Demonstrates initiative, ability to problem-solve, and make appropriate nursing judgments
- Maintains awareness of available resources and how to access them
- Assists in the orientation of new employees
- Reflect current knowledge, trends, research and current advances, in the care of the medically complex child
- Acts in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act while complying with company policy and procedures
- Capable of closing the Center as needed based on assigned shift
- Other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2331