LOCATION: Bucks County, PA, USA
We are urgently seeking Paraprofessionals/Paraeducators for full-time and part-time positions working one on one with students throughout the Bucks County, PA, area. Eligible candidates must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Psychology or a behavior-related field.
- OR must have at least six (6) months of experience working with children who have special needs.
- Preference is given to candidates with ABA experience.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during activities.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to parents and support staff concerning school-related issues.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.