LOCATION: Carrollton, TX, United States 75010
Part-Time, School-Based Occupational Therapist – Carrollton (RF: 2837)
We are seeking a certified Occupational Therapist OT for a very part-time, school-based position working with students in the Carrollton, TX area for the 2023-2024 school year. The position will be about 2-3 hours/week between 4 students. Eligible candidates must have their Texas OT License and recent background clearances.
- Must have a Texas Occupational Therapist License
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Must have recent background clearances
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment.
- Adapts and modifies the environment including assistive technology and training instructional staff to meet individual needs and to help students function as independently as possible.
- Educates students, educational personnel, and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well as health maintenance and safety.
- Monitors and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
- Documents occupational therapy services to ensure accountability of service provision and to meet standards for reimbursement of services as appropriate.
- Evaluates the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories, and interviews.
- Synthesizes evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths and barriers to student participation in the educational environment; directs program development; and guides evidence-based intervention.
- Develops occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2837