LOCATION: Zieglerville, PA 19492, USA
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a middle school student in the Zieglerville, PA area. Paraprofessional will be responsible for both academic and behavioral support. Eligible candidates must have at least a high school diploma and 6 months of experience working with children with special needs. Candidates must also have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma and 6 months of experience working with children.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Candidates with experience working with children in early intervention, autism support, emotional support, and/or multi-disabled support programs are preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teacher and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.