LOCATION: Towson, MD, United States
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a student in the Towson, MD area. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma, up-to-date clearances, and experience in working with younger children with behavioral concerns.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First Aid.
- experience in working with younger children with behavioral concerns
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Assist students individually or in groups to reinforce the learning situation established by the teacher, helping with skills development, reading to younger students and assisting students to effectively use library facilities or assisting in other learning activities. Helps students with self care activities.
- Assists with recreational play and supervision of outdoor activities and field trip experiences.
- Helps maintain an attractive, neat and safe classroom.
- Obtains, catalogs, stores, distributes, collects, and inventories instructional materials.
- May assist in the preparation of instructional materials.
- Maintains bulletin boards, display areas, and interest centers.
- Sets up, adjusts, cleans, operates, and performs minor maintenance on such apparatus as audiovisual equipment.
- May visually inspect equipment for damage.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks, including collecting money, taking attendance, collecting assignments, and transcribing future home assignments or discussion-related topics on the chalkboard. May be required to type tests, home assignments, supporting instructional material or correspondence.
- Coverage of classes on a limited basis may occasionally be necessary; may be required to serve as lunch period monitors.