LOCATION: Thorndale, PA, United States
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time positions working one on one with students with special needs in the Thorndale, PA area. Paraprofessional will be responsible for working with behavior support plans, data collecting, providing assistance with attention issues, redirecting, and reinforcing positive behaviors. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma and up to date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Act as support to students who receive special education services.
- Reinforce appropriate or replacement behavior or provide scheduled reinforcement.
- Document progress toward the students’ goals.
- Support teachers by completing paperwork and clerical duties as required.
- Attend District training sessions.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1167