LOCATION: Royersford, PA, United States 19468
Paraprofessional PCA – Royersford
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a school student in the Royersford, PA area. The Paraprofessional will be responsible for both academic and behavioral support for the student. The position will be virtual until the student returns back to school, tentatively the end of October or November. Eligible candidates must have at least a high school diploma (preferably an Associate’s degree), up-to-date clearances, and CPR and First Aid.
- Must have a High School Diploma at least
- Associate’s degree is preferred
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Candidates with experience working with children in early intervention, autism support, emotional support, and/or multi-disabled support programs are preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teachers and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from the school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1532