LOCATION: Royersford, PA, United States 19468
Paraprofessional PCA – Royersford (RF: 2614)
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a student in the Royersford, PA area. The paraprofessional will be responsible for providing both academic and behavioral support throughout the student’s day. The schedule is Monday-Friday from about 9:00am-3:40pm. Eligible candidates must at least an Associate’s degree, or have earned at least 48 credits post-secondary training or have passed a rigorous local assessment in reading, writing and mathematics.
- An Associate’s degree or higher, or have earned at least 48 credits post-secondary training or have passed a rigorous local assessment in reading, writing and mathematics
- Must meet the Paraprofessional Highly Qualified Requirements
- Experience working with students with special needs is preferred but not required
- Must have up-to-date PA clearances (from within one year)
- FBI Fingerprints, PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal Background Check
- Must have recent Physical/TB Test
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teachers and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from the school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2614