LOCATION: Philipsburg, PA, United States16866
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional/Personal Care Assistant PCA for a part-time position working one on one in-home with a cyber school student in the Phillipsburg, PA 16866 area. Paraprofessional is needed for 10 hours/week.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.