LOCATION: Pennsburg, PA, United States 18073
Paraprofessional PCA – Pennsburg (RF: 2709)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time and part-time positions working one on one with students with special needs in the Pennsburg, PA area. The Paraprofessional will be responsible for providing both academic and behavioral support to the student throughout their school day. Ideal candidates will have their ParaEd Certification (or be willing to obtain it) and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have ParaEd Certification or be willingness to obtain it
- Experience with Special Education (and positive behavior management) is preferred
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year)
- FBI Background Check
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Act 168 and Act 24
- Must have a recent TB Test and Physical
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs
- Act as support to students who receive special education services.
- Reinforce appropriate or replacement behavior or provide scheduled reinforcement.
- Document progress toward the students’ goals.
- Support teachers by completing paperwork and clerical duties as required.
- Attend District training sessions.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2709