LOCATION: Westminster, CO, United States 80021
Paraprofessional PCA – Westminster (RF: 2462)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time positions (about 35 hours/week) working one on one with students with special needs in the Westminster, CO area. The PCA will be responsible for providing educational and behavioral support to their assigned student throughout their school day. This position starts immediately and continues for the 2022-2023 school year. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma and clear background checks.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with children and adolescents is preferred
- Must be able to complete and provide proof of current influenza vaccination
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to start date
- The Diana Screen
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teachers and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2462