LOCATION: Sharon Hill, PA, United States 19079
Paraprofessional PCA – Sharon Hill
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a part-time (20 hours/week) position working one-on-one with a student with special needs in the Sharon Hill, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preference is given to candidates with previous experience
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Facilitate communication between student, peers, and the educational team
- Provide one-on-one tutoring (if such tutoring is scheduled at a time when a student would not otherwise receive instruction from a teacher).
- Assist with classroom management, such as organizing instructional and/or other materials.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other IU and district staff regarding the ongoing needs of students.
- Support parental involvement activities.
- Provide support across all educational settings; escort and supervise students to various locations across all educational settings.
- Assist a student to ambulate, position, and transfer.
- Support students in a range of motion and other exercises.
- Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) (e.g. feeding, grooming, bathing, toileting, diapering, etc.).
- Monitor the incidence and prevalence of designated health problems or medical conditions (e.g., seizure precautions or extreme lethargy).
- Accompany student on the school bus or other vehicle.
- Cue, redirect, or monitor to ensure that the student performs ADL tasks when a cognitive impairment prevents a student from knowing when or how to carry out the task (e.g., a student may not be able to dress without instruction on how to do so or need reminders of what to do and when).
- Observe/monitor and redirect/intervention to assist with the completion of ADLs.
- Cue the student to pay attention, participate in activities, and complete tasks.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) and C.E.Rs (if applicable)
- Assist with data collection of student performance.
- May be trained, when qualified, to occasionally transport students.
- Follow any individualized support plans that may be a part of a student’s educational program (e.g., behavior, communication, health, transportation). Track information about each student including needs, strengths, gains, and problem areas.
- Assist with setting up the educational environment and preparing materials for instruction.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1598