LOCATION: Scottsdale, AZ, United States 85251
Paraprofessional PCA – Scottsdale (RF: 2428)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time positions working with PreK-12 students in the Scottsdale, AZ area. There are several school locations in need of candidates to start ASAP and continue for the 2022-2023 school year. The paraprofessionals will instruct students under the direction of a certified teacher as well as monitor behavior and IEP progress. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and an AZ Fingerprint Card.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., and one year of educational or clerical experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- 60 hours of secondary education OR successful completion of the Paraprofessional test
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable
- Must have AZ Fingerprint Card
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of start
- Administering tests and assessments; monitors students’ IEP progress; and documents behavior, progress, and results of student activities.
- Assists teacher by helping with classroom instruction and working with children during instructional activities.
- Assists in modifying classroom and homework for students requiring modifications. May assist in planning and implementing field trips for the purpose of reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Provides one-on-one and/or group tutoring assistance to students in a variety of curricular areas as needed.
- Monitors children’s behavior inside and outside of the classroom. Escorts students to areas on campus.
- Assists with clean-up and other related tasks following daily activities.
- Prepares classroom for activities, including organizing assignments and/or preparing homework folders.
- Assists with grading papers.
- Attends a variety of in-service training sessions and other related meetings.
- Participates in testing students in a variety of areas, including academic and social progress. Enters and updates student information in applicable computer programs.
- Participates in maintaining classroom bulletin boards and displays; maintains materials and supplies; contacts parents; and makes copies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2428