LOCATION: Media, PA, United States 19063
Paraprofessional PCA – Media (RF: 2495)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals (PCAs) for full-time positions working one on one with students with special needs in the Media, PA area. Paraprofessionals will function as educational, emotional, and/or behavioral support for the student throughout their school day. Eligible candidates must have a HS Diploma or GED and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have up-to-date PA clearances
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Assists teachers and/or clinicians in the implementation of students’ IEP goals
- Assists in planning and preparation of instructional activities as determined by teacher’s lesson plans
- Observes and addresses behavioral and educational objectives of students in the classroom according to approved procedures, monitors students during outdoor activities as directed, becomes familiar with student IEP goals, and reports progress regarding student performance and behaviors to supervising teacher
- Escorts students to educational areas, lunch, to/from bus/activities, playgrounds, bathrooms, enrichment, and clinical areas
- Participates in all program projects and activities
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe educational environment for the students
- Complies with Elwyn and Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) expectations regarding paraprofessional job duties and professional development
- Assists in classroom activities and with groups, as needed and directed, in the presence of certified personnel
- Completes other duties as assigned
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2495