LOCATION: Fort Washington, PA, United States
Paraprofessional PCA – Fort Washington (RF: 2509)
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one-on-one with a student with special needs in the Fort Washington, PA area. The paraprofessional will be responsible for providing educational and behavioral support to the student throughout their school day. Eligible candidates must meet one of the education requirements below and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have an Associate’s degree OR completion of 60 postsecondary credits
- OR a high school diploma AND completion of the Credential of Competency for Special Education Paraeducators in Pennsylvania
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year)
- Must have a valid CPR/First Aid certificate
- Current TB test and Physical
- Must be fully vaccinated and have COVID Card
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Effectively manage the operation of a safe and orderly environment and assist in the on-going implementation of the behavior management program in the classroom and in non-instructional areas, holding students accountable for their actions by establishing and enforcing PBIS.
- Provides support to the school community at all times to maintain a safe school environment; provides support to students in crisis or those students demonstrating non-compliant behavior.
- Assist the teacher in observing, recording and charting behavior; input all required behavioral reports, incident reports, and other documentation in the maintenance of a safe school environment.
- Provide direct supervision and effectively manage instructional and non-instructional environments, including transitions, lunchroom, afternoon activities, and during approved instructional times that students utilize for breaks.
- Assist with planning and preparation, delivery, and assessment of academic and behavioral instruction.
- Actively engages students in learning activities.
- Implements accommodations and adaptations as designated on a student’s IEP.
- Regularly attends professional development and transfers theory into practice.
- Maintain a classroom that fosters structure and support conducive to learning.
- Assist the teacher with regular communication with parents, guardians, and other team members.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2509