LOCATION: Doylestown, PA, United States 18901
Paraprofessional PCA – Bucks County, PA (RF: 2693)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals (PCAs) for full-time positions working one on one with students with special needs throughout the Bucks County, PA area. Paraprofessionals will function as educational, emotional, and/or behavioral support for the student throughout their school day. Eligible candidates must have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- Must complete 20 hours of Professional Development per year
- Must complete Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) or Safety Cares Training within 30 days of start date
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teachers and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from the school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 2693