LOCATION: Parkville, MD, United States
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with a 2nd grade student in the Parkville, MD area. Paraprofessional will be responsible for assisting the child throughout the day with behavioral needs. Paraprofessional must have a background in behavior, preferably with CPI or some other type of restraint training. The schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm, now through the end of the school year. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma or GED and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a background in behavior, preferably with CPI or some other type of restraint training (Safety Care, etc.)
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Act as support to students who receive special education services.
- Reinforce appropriate or replacement behavior or provide scheduled reinforcement.
- Document progress toward the students’ goals.
- Support teachers by completing paperwork and clerical duties as required.
- Attend District training sessions.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1325