LOCATION: Hereford, PA, United States
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time positions working one on one with elementary school students in the Hereford, PA area.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; at least six months experience working with children who have special needs, preferred.
- OR have an Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or a behavior-related field.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Act as support to students who receive special education services.
- Reinforce appropriate or replacement behavior or provide scheduled reinforcement.
- Document progress toward the students’ goals.
- Support teachers by completing paperwork and clerical duties as required.
- Attend District training sessions.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.