LOCATION: Hereford, PA, United States
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time position working one on one with an elementary student in the Hereford, PA area. Paraprofessional will be responsible for both academic and behavioral support. The schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:20am to 3:35pm. Paraprofessional should be comfortable addressing mild behaviors and toileting. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Participate in the implementation of each student’s educational program as outlined in their IEPs and according to the schedule and routine of the classroom program.
- Act as a liaison in communicating with teachers and other intermediate unit or district staff about the ongoing needs of individual students.
- Provide advice and possible solutions to teacher and other support staff concerning classroom-related issues.
- Document information regarding the students, including needs, strengths, gains, and problems.
- Follow the behavior support plans as provided by the teacher or behavior support staff.
- Supervise and support students during eating activities, gym, outdoor recess, and field trips as needed.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers.
- Oversee students while embarking and disembarking from school bus, as needed.
- Participate in meetings to develop and update IEPs and Evaluation Reports, as requested.
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.