LOCATION: Downingtown, PA, United States 19335
1:1 Paraprofessional – Downingtown (RF: 2523)
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals for full-time positions 1:1 support to students in the Downingtown, PA area. This is a classroom based position working at a year-round school (with lots of breaks). The paraprofessional will be responsible for providing academic, behavioral, and emotional support to a student with special needs. The schedule can be either 7:30am-3:30pm or 8am-4pm, depending on your preference. All candidates must have a High School diploma and up-to-date PA clearances. Candidates with previous experience working with children or adolescents with Autism or ASD are preferred.
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Previous experience working with children or adolescents with Autism or ASD preferred
- Must have up-to-date PA clearances
- Must have a genuine passion for working with children
- Must have reliable transportation
- Assist in establishing classroom environments that is conducive to maximum learning by maintaining structure and guiding students to socially appropriate behaviors
- Responsible for the children’s welfare, safety, and location at all times, including during arrival and dismissal
- Work with the Special Education Teachers to implement skill acquisition and behavioral reduction programs individually and in small groups
- Perform ongoing data collection and record keeping as directed by Special Education Teacher
- All other tasks as needed
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2523