LOCATION: Coatesville, PA, United States19320
Paraprofessional – Short Term Assignment
We are currently seeking a Paraprofessional for a full-time, temporary position working one on one with an elementary student in the Coatesville, PA area. Paraprofessional will be responsible for working with behavior support plans, data collecting, providing assistance with attention issues, redirecting, and reinforcing positive behaviors. Eligible candidates must have a high school diploma and up to date clearances. This position starts immediately and will continue through the end of the school year. There is potential to continue in the Fall for 2019-2020 school year.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Act as support to students who receive special education services.
- Reinforce appropriate or replacement behavior or provide scheduled reinforcement.
- Document progress toward the students’ goals.
- Support teachers by completing paperwork and clerical duties as required.
- Attend District training sessions.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Focus on functional mobility and safe, efficient access and participation in activities and routines in natural learning environments.
- Perform therapeutic interventions, including remediation and prevention strategies, and adaptations.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.