LOCATION: Devon, PA, United States
Outpatient Therapist – Devon
We are urgently seeking Outpatient Therapists for full-time positions working with patients in a substance abuse treatment center in the Devon, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with one of the following licensures: LADC1, LADC2, LCSW, LICSW or LMHC. Eligible candidates must also have 1 to 3 years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with one of the following licensures: LADC1, LADC2, LCSW, LICSW or LMHC.
- One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
- Must be able to run groups (IOP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment.
- Help clients develop treatment goals and plans.
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families.
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior.
- Conduct regular appointments with clients who wish to converse within an individual and/or group setting.
- Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery.
- Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems.
- Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups.
- Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com