LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Occupational Therapist OT – Surprise (RF: 2154)
We are seeking a certified Occupational Therapist OT for a full-time, school-based position working with K-8 students in the Surprise, AZ area for the 2021-2022 school year. Eligible candidates must have a current AZ OT License from the Dept of Ed and a valid AZ Fingerprint card.
- Must have a current AZ OT License from Dept of Ed
- Must obtain and maintain a valid AZ Fingerprint card
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in OT, Master’s preferred
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment.
- Consults with the school-based team to achieve student outcomes.
- Adapts and modifies the environment including assistive technology and training instructional staff to meet individual needs and to help students function as independently as possible.
- Educates students, educational personnel, and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well as health maintenance and safety.
- Monitors and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
- Documents occupational therapy services to ensure accountability of service provision and to meet standards for reimbursement of services as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of student occupational performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and service delivery.
- Evaluates the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories, and interviews.
- Synthesizes evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths and barriers to student participation in the educational environment; directs program development; and guides evidence-based intervention.
- Develops occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Coordinates with the IEP team for the purpose of determining appropriate treatments, etc. to meet the needs of specific students and attends IEP Team Meetings.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2154