LOCATION: Columbus, OH, United States
Occupational Therapist OT
We are seeking a certified Occupational Therapist for a very part-time position working in a school in the Columbus, OH area. Eligible candidates must be a certified Occupational Therapist in the state of Ohio.
- Must be a licensed/certified Occupational Therapist in the state of Ohio.
- Must have Master’s Degree.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic intervention to facilitate student participation and occupational performance within the school environment.
- Consults with the school-based team to achieve student outcomes.
- Adapts and modifies the environment including assistive technology and training instructional staff to meet individual needs and to help students function as independently as possible.
- Educates student, educational personnel, and family to facilitate skills in areas of occupation as well as health maintenance and safety.
- Monitors and reassess the effects of occupational therapy intervention and the need to continue, modify, or discontinue intervention.
- Documents occupational therapy services to ensure accountability of service provision and to meet standards for reimbursement of services as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of student occupational performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and service delivery.
- Evaluates the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories, and interviews.
- Synthesizes evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths and barriers to student participation in the educational environment; directs program development; and guides evidence-based intervention.
- Develops occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Coordinates with the IEP team for the purpose of determining appropriate treatments, etc. to meet the needs of specific students and attends IEP Team Meetings.