LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV, United States
MS Special Education Math Teacher
We are seeking a certified Special Education Math Teacher for a part-time position working with middle school students in the Las Vegas, NV area. Eligible candidates must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Nevada. This position is Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm with Wednesdays off.
- Must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Nevada.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.